Friday, January 4, 2008

RCK - Met Fan or Red Sox Fan?




A little history. I am a born and bred die-hard NY Mets fan. MK (my wife, not bro) is a born and bred Boston Red Sox fan. Fans of both teams compliment each other as they both share a hatred for the Yankees. I don't think I could have married a Yankee Fan. So, now RCK is born and has both Met and Red Sox blood. He bleeds red, blue and orange. Can he root for both teams evenly? Or does he have to pick a team?

Leave me some comments and let me know your thoughts.

CK

PS From the look on RCK's face above, I think he's upset that he's wearing a Red Sox bib and hat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or perhaps he is just upset that someone is hogging his camera space!

Anonymous said...

My understanding is that there are some very important members of RK's life that are in fact Yankee fans....SO watch what ya' say buster....Or you just might be short a few babysitters!

CK said...

I acknowledge that there are very important people in RCK's life that are Yankee fans. While that is unfortunate and sad, it has no impact on RCK's fandom DNA. The genetics that govern a person's fandom stops at the parent level. Who the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins root for has no impact on a child.

CK

Anonymous said...

I believe he's making that face because he was so comfortable in his new stylish Sox gear that he let out a ripping fart. The kids got class.

Partha Mohanram said...

I think this is terrific. My son is also being raised as a Met Sox fan, as I am a dieahard Sox fan who now lives in NY, and likes the Mets (largely coz they aint the Yankees).

The only problem will be in 1986 repeats itself. I'm root for the Sox and my son will root for the Mets, but neither will be too sad if his team loses (esp me as 2004 and 2007 have given me enough to get by for a while).

Partha